Requirements for Marriage Registration Under Indian Christian Marriage Act 1972
- 1) At least one of the party to marriage should be Christian and Domiciled of Maharashtra.
- 2) Age of Bride must be above 18 years and Bridegroom must be 21 years.
- 3) One
of the party to Marriage should give notice in prescribed form with relevant documents
- atleast 5 days before date of Registration.The notice will be valid for 60 days.
- 4) Following attested copies of documents required to be attached to form of notice.
1) Ration card of both the party 2) Baptism Certificate of both the party.
3) Copy of passport (if available) 4) Photograph of both party pasted on Notice form.
- 5) Notice form should be legibly filled in CAPITAL LETTERS with date and signature
of one of the parties who gives notice.
- 6) After acceptance of notice, Marriage
Registrar will give the date for registration on which date both the parties should
remain present with two witnesses in the office of Marriage Registrar.
- 7) On
the date of Registration, the parties to Marriage along with two witnesses will
have to come to Office of Marriage Registrar on the above address.
- 8) While
coming for Registration candidates and witnesses should bring one of the following
photo identity for entry in Mantralaya.
1) Election Card 2) Passport
License 4) Photo identity card issued by employer
5) Photo identity letter issued
by S.E.O.or Gazetted officer
Contact Mr Ashish Lopes if one of the parties is non Christian or non resident of maharashtra or not citizen of India.
Home Address : Mali Ali (Wagholi)
Contact No (Mobile): 09969012768
(Res):0250-2470483Office Address :
O/o Christian Marriage Registrar
Mantralaya, Room No.M-8 Annex,
Mezzanine Floor, Hutatma Rajguru Chowk,
Backbay Reclamation, Madam Cama Road,
Churchgate, Mumbai -400032,
Contact No : 022 22793344